Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I Hate the Holidays

1. I bought the girl plastic crap. Plastic crap is stuff that kids think is interesting and an hour after using it, it's never touched again. Stupid i-dog.
2. After buying the plastic crap I realized she needs an mp3 player. I can't find a refurbished shuffle so now I'm off to searching for an easy to use, cheap, and non Disney mp3.
3. The boy's flute. I'm still hurting over a 2,000 dollar Christmas. I keep telling myself it's 2 Christmases and one birthday...but STILL it's tough to swallow.
4. I have no tree. I feel like I'm a slacker. Am I the only mom who has a subcompact? Who doesn't live to set up a nativity scene or what to hang lights (I keep thinking there are SPIDERS in the shrubs).
5. Holiday pictures. I normally take them and make a card. It's stinkin' adorable. But I haven't been able to pin down 3-4 hours with both kids. And the clock is ticking!
6. The girl's other present needs batteries and an SD card. Not tragic, just another thing for the list.
7. I have one sort of sexy fun dress and two parties in a row. I do not want to go shopping again. I guess at one of them I'll just have to not look sexy-fun. Again not tragic, just stating the facts.
8. I have to go in the garage. Another spider habitat. And pull out holiday decorations. And replace items that are broken. I just can't bare to think of the lights. I hate dealing with lights.
9. Getting the tree in the house. Getting it in and straight is something that makes me cry for the father in "A Christmas Story".
10. Wrapping gifts. I wish I grew up where Santa just threw the toys on the floor. Instead, I come from wrapping paper stock. While I hate wrapping, I can't break from tradition.
11. Come on...a wii? I know. Every year, I need to want something impossible.

8 comments:

fu said...

don't feel bad, I haven't done shit either except break out the ridiculous plastic singing and narrating nativity scene I bought at walgreens for 9.99 last year. it's got a choir singing, light show, narrator with deep voice... everything to teach kids about religion without lying.

A Girl, A Boy, and Me said...

Yeah, I guess I've just gotta suck it up.

Your nativity sounds great. And it's a bargain.

maddie said...

ugh. kids toys suck so much these days. it makes me sad. i was at target the other day and was so excited to see cabbage patch dolls (a big favorite of mine from childhood) and when i looked closer, the doll was so cheaply made and the box was way cheesier than in the 80's. and all the games, like candy land and chutes & ladders were so lame looking. sigh. kids in the 80's had it best. gee, am i biased?!

Moooooog35 said...

Did you literally buy a piece of plastic crap? Or was that a euphemism for something?

..because nothing says "Merry Christmas" like a fake turd.

A Girl, A Boy, and Me said...

Shell - I wish the girl liked dolls - I have a case full of dolls in the garage as well as a dollhouse. And yes, everything is made cheaply now.

moooooog35 - I have bought actual plastic crap before. I was on vacation it was Christmas. My aunt had just got a fur (this was Dynasty 80's - fur was still a great gift) and my other aunt had just got a puppy. So I put the plastic turd on the mink where part of it was on the floor. My aunt with the fur just about lost it and so I reached over, picked it up and bit it. Yeah, Christmas memories.....

Chickie said...

At least you've bought something. I am ashamed to admit that not one present has been purchased yet for the boys. The nakedness under the tree only makes it look better when gifts do get there.

Shannon said...

Plastic keeps her happy. If she is happy, she is not driving me crazy. So it's kind of a lose-win scenario, but at least I'm more sane than less.

A Girl, A Boy, and Me said...

Chickie - so far we have just bought a couple things and I finally got the shuffle. She will love it. And it's the same color as the idog so all is well. I usually procrastinate and so far all I've done is some gifts.

Shannon - I wish it would keep her happy. Once the novelty wears off, it no longer interests her. Her stuffed animlas get the most play time. And art stuff. But we are quickly running out of space!