Friday, February 8, 2008

A Hundred Dollars Later

My brother is empowering and energizing.

After he left, I hit up Home Depot. I have to repair the drawers in a dresser and the pull out drawers in the kitchen. I brought in the broken pieces and figured out the replacements, bought an electric nail/staple gun, an extension cord, an new antenna for the television, a surge suppressor for the tv/dvd/vhs/wii/and lamp, a hook for hanging up the hairdryer, a collection of screws and nails, and more of those hollow drywall plastic things.

After I reinforce the drawers and put in new guides, I am going to go all crazy Martha Stewart with the 3 in 1 nail gun.

On Thursday on my lunch break I picked up poison for outside, some for the pantry, and those electronic insect repellants. I am tired of little ant invasions and I am really tired of finding spiders all over the place.

I could just be crazy because for the past two nights I have been up till 2am and normally, I'm a 10 o clock lights out girl.

Woohoo! Three day weekend!

3 comments:

Elise said...

I knew he'd be there! I'm so happy that he decided to come agter all.

Wow! You've gone a bit heavy on the DIY. I'm terrible at it. You go girl!

xx

Anonymous said...

Damn who needs a man when you are as handy as you are!

I hate bugs too.They creep me out big time.

Hope you had a great weekend!

A Girl, A Boy, and Me said...

elise - I'm terrible at it, but I don't mind getting instuctions and figuring it out. :D

pp - I wish my rental company would just take care of it all. But I am learning a bit so when I can buy my own place, I can do some of the more simple stuff.